Cloud Computing - Benefits
Thinking about moving your companies' infrastructure to the Cloud, well, that might be the right thing to do if you think about the following benefits it will bring:
1. Power Savings - It won't need to have a humongous data center in your facility.
2. On Demand Storage - You will have as much storage as you need without worrying about buying new gear and go through the approval, implementation and configuration hassles, just to mention a few.
3. Administration will be a piece of cake - Most of the Cloud platform have very intuitive GUI's where you will basically just click to activate new services.
4. Best of it all - You will only pay for what you use. You can keep all those apps or services you are not using in the OFF state and save thousands of dollars.
5. The environment is metered ( measured ) and if you agree to it in the Service Level Agreement ( SLA ) the uptime could be an amazing 100%.
And if you are wondering what an SLA is, let's just say that it is an agreement between a provider/supplier, seller and a consumer/customer/client. In this case, it is a deal agreed upon by the Cloud Provider and the Cloud Consumer.